Monday, June 28, 2010

A crumb behind!

Well, I have been very busy since my last post.  My friend at work had a request for a treat.  She really loves M&M cookies and she doesn't like much chocolate.  I decided I wasn't in the mood for just making simple M&M cookies so I somehow wanted to combine it into a cookie.  I've made brownie cupcakes with Snickers in the middle so I thought why not try putting M&M cookies in the middle of the cupcake.  My friend doesn't like chocolate so I figured brownies were out.  I filled the cupcake liners 3/4 full with yellow cake mix.  I knew it wouldn't turn out right if the cookies were already baked so I tried freezing some M&M cookie dough in small balls and putting them on top of the cupcake batter.  I then put chocolate buttercream on top.  See how they turned out below.

 



Next, it was another friend's birthday, which is actually 5days before mine, so we decided to have a joint celebration on June 18 at work.  As her present, I told her I would make her a birthday cake.  She told me these were her favorite things: Hello Kitty, the color pink, chocolate, orchids, karaoke, and Lady Gaga.  I made a two-tiered square cake(8in and 10in).  I covered it in HOT pink fondant with a border of white fondant strip.  On top I made a fondant Hello Kitty singing karaoke.  My plan was to put orchids all around the bases, but the gum paste didn't work well for me.  If anyone has any tips, please let me know!  I was also going to pipe out the words to her favorite Lady Gaga song but I was too tired from my day of walking around the city with a friend visiting from home.


Until next time, happy baking!

1 comment:

  1. Love the Hello Kitty cat, that is precious. Muffins look yummy too, again thanks for the recipes.

    ReplyDelete