Thursday, June 3, 2010

Memorial Day

Well, I am definitely getting the hang of fondant as my Memorial Day BBQ cupcakes came out great!  They were such a hit.  First no one wanted to eat them because they looked too fun.  After one of my friends came to me to ask if they were for eating and I said yes, they were gone in less than 15 minutes!  They were very simple to make and so much fun.  I just did a simple dark chocolate fudge cupcake and vanilla buttercream frosting.


These were the cupcake toppers before I put them on the cupcakes.  They were sooo delicious. 

I think my next personal project will be Pound Cake Cupcakes with a Strawberry Whipped Cream Frosting.

It's exciting because my co-worker, Juana, and I are into this whole bake off and we have everyone at work do a blind taste test.  It is so much fun just to be able to try new things.  I think this Tuesday will be Rhubarb Pie.  I've never even tasted rhubarb, much less baked with it.  We will see how that goes.

I will let you know how the baking goes!

1 comment:

  1. Those are adorable, look like candies or dollar store finds. Wow, good for you! I bet everyone thought they were great.

    ReplyDelete