Friday, February 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Chris!

Joyeux Anniversaire!!

I've always loved the phrase Joyeux Anniversaire.  It sounds so pretty.  Well yesterday was Chris' 34th birthday.  I was really excited because my family has always done birthday dinners.  Birthdays have always been special and my sister even gets birthday week from her husband.  We get to choose our most favorite dinner and dessert ever and my mom would always make it.  I still remember the time when I was younger that I requested sloppy joe's specifically because my sister didn't like them and because she had requested tacos which I didn't like.  My brother-in-law asked for homemade chicken pot pie, which my mom had never made and it made her laugh but she still made it.  



Well, last night was supposed to be Chris' big birthday dinner but he had to go to class instead so it will have to be tonight.  He decided he would like sausage and peppers for dinner and my brownie surprise cupcakes.  These have always been his favorite.  They are regular brownies with Snickers in the middle.  I top them with buttercream frosting (this time tinted blue since that's his fave color).  I got this amazing recipe from Better Homes & Garden.  I hope you take the time to try them out.


Next up, St. Patrick's Day!  Any ideas anyone?  Let me know and until next time, keep baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment